On Tue, 8 Jan 2002 03:03, Jon Scott Stevens wrote:
> In this email, all I hear you doing is pointing fingers.

It has nothing to do with that. I keep hearing you and other people say
jakarta is broken. However as far as I can tell it is just talk whenever
someone steps on your toes. You don't really care when other peoples toes get
stepped on or when you do th stepping. So how can really expect anyone to
care about your issues?

> As for me fixing Jakarta...I'm not sure I have enough people interested in
> helping fixing Jakarta. For example, Sam (our current leader) and others
> see nothing wrong with the current process. I'm also not certain I have
> enough energy to fight anymore...especially now that we have so many people
> willing to give their $0.00 opinion and not back that up with action.
>
> Honestly, I'm considering leaving entirely...or at least doing what I see
> everyone else doing...putting their head in a hole and just doing whatever
> the fuck they want to do. Not helpful, but like all of you, I don't have
> time either.
>
> The failure of Jakarta will be in the reality that no one has the time or
> energy to keep it running.

It really doesn't take much energy or effort. It takes a few minor
compromises by people like yourself. Re: build.xml format again - it was your
insistence that your way is right and screw everyone else who conflicted with
you that led me to not bother pursuig it. If jakarta is failing it is because
of people like you who are unwilling to compromise.

When I see you change your attitude to match your words then I will be
interested, till then I just see you whining when someone does to you, what
you do to other projects.

Anyways personally I have watched this change occur. I would prefer that
Jakarta conformed to your vision but I don't think it will. So instead of
seeing it as a failure I prefer to see it a sa different version of success ;)

--
Cheers,

Pete