I'm working on an (unrelated) projects with some people, and wouldn't
mind setting up an Apache-style collaborative environment.

Just wondering if anyone has any personal recommendations for

+ A free groupware host, with calendar, mail-list/BBS, file upload that
sort of thing.

I know there are several but wondered if someone was using one they
liked.

+ A private, fee-based sourceforge, where someone could collaborate on a
private software project (I guess sourceforge may go fee-based, but I
was wondering about someone who was already doing it).

Of course, any place where you could setup some mailing lists and a CVS
might work for the second. Just wondered if anyone was already doing
that successfully for a reasonable price.

-- Building Java web applications with Struts.
-- Tel +1 585 737-3463.
-- Web http://www.husted.com/struts/