J2EE stuff has a different license than the JDK.  I've been told
conflicting things about what you can distribute.  Most of it sounds
bogus.  I've read the license but you can read it a few different ways.
Basically I would think provided you do not extend the APIs (not meaning
the keyword extends...) you should be fine as long as you don't
distribute any components of the J2EE.

Thats AFAIK.

-Andy

On Mon, 2002-01-28 at 06:49, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> On 1/28/02 6:37 AM, "Andrew C. Oliver" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 2002-01-27 at 23:17, Peter Donald wrote:
> >> Hi,

> >> You *can* but I suspect it will make your job of attracting a community
> >> harder. It would be much more widely useful if it did not require EJB
> >> technologies and I suspect iy would thus be much easier to attract more
> >> developers. If at all possible I would suggest making it run in non-EJB
> >> environments but thats completely up to you ;)
> >>

> > +1, proper encapsulation should include EJB functionality for those who
> > desire it while not requiring it for those who do not.  There is also a
> > matter of licensing involved there.
> >

> What matter of licensing would that be?  I can't imagine that you need to
> talk to sun to *use* EJBs....
>
> --
> Geir Magnusson Jr.                                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> System and Software Consulting
> Be a giant.  Take giant steps.  Do giant things...
>

> --

www.superlinksoftware.com
                        - fix java generics!

vote.