Hi Tim.

I agree with your point of view, we've been trying to avoid EJBs as much as
possible. But there's one thing I don't understand.

Why is it a mistake? I think a remote proxy is a great way to make remote
calls, shielding the developer from the complexity of it all. The recent
discussion about AltRMI has shown that there's a lot of interest in using
proxies, but it was Sun's implementation (the Remote* stuff) that was
flawed.

Un saludo,

Alex.