Pete Donald wrote:

> Anyways if there is a demand for this I can get it into the
> ant1.5 codebase
> earlier.

I think what there ought to be a demand for is a Jakarta wide code of practice for
declaring versions and dependancies, even if its only in documentation. I guess this
just adds a twist to the "jars in cvs" debate..

I was a little surprised when I started to discover that there aren't explicit version
naming conventions, or at least guidelines, for the whole of Jakarta. Therefore I
wasn't surprised to discover that version interdependance isn't really addressed in a
coherent way.

I'm not qualified to put forward any suggestions but I bet Pete and Sam have Views and
Opinions..

d.