On Thu, 28 Mar 2002, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Now, it occurred to me that ANT would be the best tool to use for
> keeping manifest files in synchronization with code/releases, but I
> found [not that there may not exist] no easy way to do this with
> built in commands.

Ant 1.4.1 supports manifest generation inside <jar>, but unfortunately
did not include documentation for it 8-(.  From Ant's own build file:

<jar ...>
  <manifest>
    <section name="${ant.package}">
      <attribute name="Specification-Title"
                 value="Apache Ant" />
      <attribute name="Specification-Version"
                 value="${version}" />
      <attribute name="Specification-Vendor"
                 value="Apache Software Foundation" />
      <attribute name="Implementation-Title"
                 value="org.apache.tools.ant" />
      <attribute name="Implementation-Version"
                 value="${version} ${TODAY}" />
      <attribute name="Implementation-Vendor"
                 value="Apache Software Foundation" />
    </section>
  </manifest>
</jar>

This is from current CVS but it works for 1.4.1 as well.

Stefan