> I recently spent a couple weekend nights and built the
> StudioZ.tv website in PHP4 on OSX.

Hey, that looks like maven! :P

> It is a pretty cool webapp
> that has really transformed things for us and made my life
> MUCH easier (the office staff can fully manage the events
> that show up on the website via a browser). I incorporate
> several technologies into the site (including a cool XML-RPC
> interface that talks to presaleticketing.com to tell us how
> many tickets have been sold). I used PHP because it was quick
> and easy and I didn't have time to 'design' the application.

We use PHP all the time (I sometimes call it "InstantCMS") and
it is a great tool for whacking up a dynamic website. It's just
that creating enterprise SOAP services in it that talk to oracle
on one side and delphi clients on the other is painful. Or
running a site with like 10,000,000 articles and as many
visitors/day.

> The only thing that sucks is that the code is a complete hack
> that is going to be terrible to maintain over the long term
> and half the time, I can't figure out why something does or
> doesn't work.
>
> =)

There's several more things...I just always remember that PHP
used to stand for Personal Home Page =)

cheers,

Leo