Brian Ewins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 25/11/2002
11:03:32 PM:

> Andrew C. Oliver wrote:
>
> > One of the things I find most frustrating is dealing with "IDE
> > Developers", meaning those "developers" who cut their teeth on
> > Microsoft tools and never learned how to even set their PATH let alone

> > their classpath.

And why the heck should they? Any decent software worth it's salt doesn't
make the user touch their classpath :)

> Actually using Ant (or Maven) from an IDE is easy enough. The tricky bit

> is getting the IDE to see the same classpath that the build script uses,

> for code completion and the like. I noticed the Maven to Eclipse
> integration for example tries to work by allowing you to generate a file

> containing the classpath - seems like a decent approach; if all IDEs
> supported something like this - and Ant scripts were written to support
> it - life would be easy.

Have you seen the Maven eclipse integration that adds all the maven goals
into the IDE and runs them background, rather than modally?

--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au