> I thought that we were also supposed and even encouraged to think for
> ourselves. No one has suggested to defy the board. I resent the shut-
> -up-and-do-as-you-are-told attitude which does not characterize you,
> the ASF, nor anyone on the board. What is going on here?

Indeed, this attitude is more than a little upsetting. The board may not
have any legal obligation to us committers who assign our code to the
foundation, but courtesy demands some explanation for their actions and
decisions.

Sure, the decision is the final word, but for us to be able to ask
"why?" is vital to maintaining the trust/comfort relationship between
the authors of the code and the owner.

-- jt