Thanks Andy for the links. The Question I have for everybody here is does anyone have any interest in Porting any of the other jakarta projects to C# so that they may be able to run on Mono/Linux/windows & .Net/Micorsoft ? I have been experimenting with Mono/MCS & Microsoft/CSC for a few months. I like Mono and I think it is surprisingly fast.

Andy if you need any help with a possible POIFS <http://jakarta.apache.org/poi/poifs> port I would be more than happy to going you if you dont mind another person who wants to learn more about C# working with you.

Bob -

Andrew C. Oliver wrote:

Thanks Jon. Here's the link. http://www.sys-con.com/java/article.cfm?id=1714

Its an okay article. Could be a bit more in-depth I suppose, but I imagine all the people
who could write that are under gag order.

And if you're really depressed... Here's a quick how to for doing C#/Mono by yours
truly:

http://www.freeroller.net/page/acoliver/20021129 *I'm home with Mono*

-Andy

Jon Scott Stevens wrote:

Great guest editorial article (no web link yet it seems) in the November
Java Developers Journal that I suggest you read.

It briefly outlines how the JCP is screwing up the way that Sun manages
Java.

-jon