To suggest that Sun "[t]here's nothing 'open'" about Sun is not very insightful. Compare them to Microsoft, for example. You need to speak in ways that at least pass the laugh test. Sun deserves one hell of a lot of credit.

At 02:44 AM 12/14/2002 +0000, you wrote:
On 13/12/02 20:00 "Jeff Schnitzer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 13, 2002 at 06:42:36PM +0200, mohammad nabil wrote:
>>
>> support Sun, Open Source, and all good manufacturar in our nice world :)
>>

> Do you just not grasp that Sun's rigid control of Java is the
> antithesis of Open Source, and _especially_ the Apache philosophy?
>
> Try forking the Java codebase sometime.  See how fast it takes
> Sun's lawyers to find you.  Want to port Java to a new platform?
> Get special permission from Sun, and don't plan on having public
> CVS (see the FreeBSD experience).
>
> There's nothing "open" about that.

That's why the Foundation is working to fix that...

    Pier

Micael

This electronic mail transmission and any accompanying documents contain information belonging to the sender which may be confidential and legally privileged. This information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to whom this electronic mail transmission was sent as indicated above. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or action taken in reliance on the contents of the information contained in this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please delete the message. Thank you