The point being that we seem to continue to do the same circle. We get
people like Nicola who are similar to Costin in "The Wall" mindset and the
same exact discussions go round and round just on different topics (ie:
Maven vs. Centipede vs. Forrest vs. vs. vs. vs.).

Okay. I'll bite.... I love a good stupid moronic discussion that serves no useful purpose other than ingraciate your ego Jon :-)

Personal growth on my part would assume that I would find a way to arrange
things so that they see the light without making them feel stupid and giving
them a way to win. However, with people who have "The Wall" mentality, I
have not been able to figure out the right approach as of yet.

Yes Jon. Point well taken. Nicola Ken needs to learn to make such unifying statements and "Bring people
together" the way you do. Just for his education I'll post a few here:

In this post Jon expresses his acceptance for other technology and how he values community and wishes to work closely together:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=jakarta-general&m=102029828404481&w=2
> I can't stand XSL...

It this post Jon expresses his preference to break down the wall:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=jakarta-general&m=102038789013943&w=2
"

I listen to the following:

    Code.
    Patches.
    Real suggestions for improvement.
MERGE
It is your itch. Not mine.

"

In this post ken expresses his disgust with Maven and Centipede living as one project with no walls:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=jakarta-general&m=102028908729985&w=2
[Long proposal where Ken +1s combining Centipede and Maven and doesn't care where they live]

And for the record I expressed my preference to have 2 seperate projects here:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=jakarta-general&m=102026406806371&w=2
"
Yeah so why can't these work together? I still just don't get it. "Gee

we don't like that lets do our own thing or integrate with anything but this or that". It just baffles the crap out of me.
If I had the choice. I'd use NEITHER. I choose Centaven WITH GUMP.

-Andy the pebble.

"

So why don't you drive a combined Centipede/Maven as maybe a top level Apache project? It seems like a great way for you to break down this wall that disturbs you so. I'd certainly vote for such a proposal. I'll betcha Nicola Ken would...

So Jon...did this wall REALLY
develop from Nicola Ken or both You and the Maven developers who didn't want to work inclusively? You make the decision.

Did Stefano drink all your beer or something? Why'd you wake up on this today eh?

-Andy the confused.

-jon