At 13:38 21/01/03, Stefan Hepper wrote:
Hi all,
I would like to propose a new Jakarta project, named Pluto, that should
provide the reference implementation of the JSR 168 Portlet Specification.

Please see http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?PlutoProposal for
more details (I've also attached the proposal below).
My instant reaction was "but we already have Jetspeed" and then I read

> There is an agreement with JetSpeed? that the JetSpeed? will be
> based on this portlet container implementation.

Cool. I think I could persuade more people to use Jetspeed if it used a recognised portlet standard.

I then read.

> (3.4) Jyve FAQ (when available)

I don't honestly believe that anyone has any interest in fixing Jyve I said I would some time ago, but failed - I don't even know the password for my [EMAIL PROTECTED] login account any more.

I know that we are a "eat-our-own-dogfood" sort of society but I think this is one situation where we ought to admit that Jyve has failed.

If I am wrong and there is a community of people willing to make Jyve work again then great. I would be quite happy being wrong about it.

As an example I used to maintain a FOP faq with Jyve. Nowadays however I just use a perl script which displays all the submitted entries. Crude, but it works. http://www.OWAL.co.uk/cgi-bin/fopfaq.cgi

Alex McLintock

Available for java/perl/C++/web development in London, UK or nearby. Apache FOP, Cocoon,
Turbine, Struts,XSL:FO, XML, Tomcat, First meeting free.http://www.OWAL.co.uk/