Morgan Delagrange wrote:
Sam said that we should obtain "nominations for chair
from people in the (potentially expanded) PMC ranks by
the 16th," followed by "[a]n election where every
member of the PMC has one vote...to be completed on
the 18th."

Whoops, we're late.

Are we obligated to choose a chair this month.  I
don't think we have enought time left for a proper
vote.

The board places no such obligations upon the Jakarta PMC.

My read is that if an election were held today, I would be running unopposed. Instead of going through the motions and having a one party election, I would much rather go "month to month"... in other words, if any PMC member wants to call for an election at any time, it's OK with me. Futhermore, should a suitable candidate emerge, they would have my vote and full support.

- Sam Ruby