Since Eclipse folks have a directory of Eclipse Plugins already,
that is where I would put it.  That is where Eclipse developers
will look for it.  They will not necessarily be using Tomcat or
Cactus, for instance.

Otis

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag

---- On Thu, 12 Jun 2003, Vincent Massol ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As part of Cactus, we have developed 2 Eclipse plugins. One of
them is a
> generic webapp plugin. We would like to extract this from the
Cactus CVS
> and let others benefit from it.
>
> However, I'm not sure where we should put this new project.
>
> Obviously one choice is to put it on SourceForge. Before doing
this, I
> wanted to let us decide first if we wanted to have a place in
Apache
> land where we would put such IDE plugins.
>
> I think more and more the focus in java land is on usability.
Be it
> Tomcat, Avalon, Maven, etc, they will all have user-oriented
front ends
> to increase user productivity. One obvious place is within
their own
> repository. The real question is about shared plugins, like
the webapp
> one, which would benefit Tomcat users as well as Cactus ones.
>
> Any idea?
>
> Note: There's no hurry. Just testing the water... :-)
>
> Thank you
> -Vincent

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> For additional commands, e-mail: