Jim,

You say,

> It would seem to me that IDE plugins should be at sourceforge.net or
> java.net or the like instead of at Jakarta.

<snip>

> they just don't seem like the kind of thing that the Jakarta community
> should be focusing on as "Jakarta" projects.

I have to ask you why, because it seems to me that if this software is developed by a
project's comitters as part of or in support of their project and licenced under the
ASFL it should be here, and its IPR should continue to be owned by the ASF. I would
think that it would have to be fairly unpopular, neglected, or badly off-topic before
we considered evicting it.
You wouldn't consider that a commercial company should only rely on others produce
tools to support their core products, why should Jakarta not do the same thing?

d.

  Certainly Velocity, Maven,