This is now fixed to:

Eric Raymond and Rick Moen have even written an essay entitled "Asking
Smart Questions" precisely on this topic. Although somewhat militant, it
is definitely worth reading.
Note: Please do not send your Java problems to the two authors, follow the
essay's advice and choose your forum carefully.

on

http://jakarta.apache.org/site/mail.html

Hen