From: Henri Yandell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, January 03, 2005 9:02 AM
To: Jakarta General List; sebb
Subject: Re: jakarta-site2 now live on xslt

On Mon, 3 Jan 2005, sebb wrote:

> On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 19:15:59 -0500 (EST), Henri Yandell
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>

>> On Sun, 2 Jan 2005, sebb wrote:
>>
>>> Looks like a *lot* of other projects use the Anakia jars and/or
>>> stylesheets from jakarta-site2 - not just jakarta-tomcat-site...so
>>> perhaps those need to be restored.
>>
>> Sites with the older l&f:
>>
>> Taglibs, Velocity, BSF, ECS, JMeter, Lucene, ORO, Regexp, Slide, Tomcat,
>> Watchdog.
>>
>> However, the following all appear to be self contained/non-users:
>>
>> Taglibs, Velocity, BSF, Watchdog, Slide.
>>
>>> Sorry, should have remembered that, as it used to apply to jmeter...
>>
>> + JMeter.
>>
>> So the broken ones look like they are Tomcat, Regexp, ORO, Lucene, ECS.
>>

> I did a search for the string "jakarta-site2" in the build.xml,v files
> in CVS, and that produced quite a lot of hits (see
> http://www.apache.org/~sebb/js2.txt - note that the matched text is
> *followed* by the file name).
>
> Some of the matches relate to history items, but some are in the HEAD
> versions of the files, for example:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/ant/proposal/ant-site/anakia/build.xml?onl
y_with_tag=HEAD&view=markup

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-commons/httpclient/build.xml?only_
with_tag=HEAD&view=markup

> Of course we don't know if the build targets are actually still used,
> but it suggests that these files are rather more generally used.

Both HttpClient and Ant appear to use Maven or Forrest for their sites
though, so I'd think it's a pretty low chance that they still use things.

I think all of Commons is Mavenised, and I checked all of Jakarta in this
way to find old style l&f and then examined those by hand. Looking at the
graduated projects, Struts and James still look old style; so they've got
a good chance of still using site2.

Looking at them, both Struts and James appear to be on XSLT variants, but
no use of the site2 jars or stylesheets.

Still, not to say that others in your list don't use it, such as jyve or
various proposals in James etc, just nothing 'big' I think.

Hen