Please don't feed the Trolls.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Davanum Srinivas" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Jakarta General List" <general@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, March 19, 2005 7:53 AM
Subject: Re: Leading Contributor?

Tim,

This is a *VERY* slippery slope. All of us are committers at Apache on
a personal basis and our employment is no bearing on our committer
status. Remember, they (or anyone for that matter) else can fork
Tomcat (and call it by any name they want and do whatever they want)
if they crave publicity. IF they want to do joint publicity, they can
of course contact the prc and make as much press releases to their
heart's content. This is not the right way to do it.

-- dims

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 09:55:43 -0500, Tim O'Brien <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]

Henri, some of this is word mincing.  The facts, as I see them, are that
Jboss does employ individuals to work on Tomcat full-time.  We shouldn't
be discouraging this effort and, as long as we guarantee the product is
called "Apache Tomcat", what harm is derived from noting that JBoss does
contribute to the development of Tomcat?

This message is intended only for the use of the person(s) listed above as the intended recipient(s), and may contain information that is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not read, copy, or distribute this message or any attachment. If you received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail and then delete all copies of this message and any attachments.

In addition you should be aware that ordinary (unencrypted) e-mail sent through
the Internet is not secure. Do not send confidential or sensitive information,
such as social security numbers, account numbers, personal identification
numbers and passwords, to us via ordinary (unencrypted) e-mail.