Henri Yandell wrote:

<snip/>

You've pointed out that JBoss are the contributor in your commits, rather than yourself as an individual. I assume other JBoss employees
are in the same situation. How does that change the email? Do I need
> to drop the paragraph about JBoss not being a contributor

I have asked for clarification of what the CCLA means on legal-discuss, but it makes no sense to me that your statement below can be false:

"Two Tomcat committers are employed by JBoss Inc, but they commit to projects at the ASF as individuals and not as members of a company. This is true of all committers to the ASF, whether the company be Sun, IBM or Fred Bloggs Inc."

If companies can in fact contribute directly, then it would seem to me that a) we should be voting them in as committers / PMC members and b) we should have policies and procedures for extending oversight to them. To my knowledge we (ASF) have no way of doing either of these things nor intention to develop them.

Phil