Hi!
 Web Commons
 Web Components
For me it depends how fine grained those components are.

Say, if there is a project which cummulates all filters for a servlet container I am for "web commons" as it might result in project sizes we have in "commons".

If we manage (what I prefer) to have much much smaller parts say a filter component to handle access control based on the ip address with hosts allow/deny rules or another simple component to have commons-validator available as tags for jsf (yes I know there is shale) I am for "web components".

---
Mario