From: Frank W. Zammetti [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sat 6/25/2005 11:04 PM
To: Jakarta General List
Cc: Jakarta General List
Subject: Re: Name for commons-like area for web

I found this comment interesting:

"What about something less definite and more 'code word'?  What about not
having the word 'web'? 'Arctic' or 'Telsa' or something completely
meaningless but catchier than 'Web .*$"

I think if a proper name is choosen along these lines, the result is
something better than the relatively pedestrian names currently being
bandied about (not that any of them are especially bad, just a little,
bland).

How about something like "Webementals", fusing Web and Elementals
(signifying pieces that combine to form a larger whole)?

I think a "code word"-type name is more interesting and meorable (once a
person knows what its all about), but it should still have some connection
to what the project is all about.  The argument against of course is that
you won't know at a glance what its all about.  I think something clever
enough can overcome this and still be a bit more exciting.  Just my
opinion (who else' would it be?!?)

--
Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect