On Wed, 24 Aug 2005, Phil Steitz wrote:

Henri Yandell wrote:

Nicest would be to do this in maven.xml; have it automatically know the structure of the local javadoc tree and link the dependencies in. Easiest is to just hack each one into the project.properties.

I got the "single big javadoc" thing to work using maven without having to reference any of the projects directly (other than attributes, which has its sources in a non-standard place). The packages come out sorted in "reactor order", though and due to general lack of enthusiasm for this approach, I did not spend any time trying to get jelly's util:sort to work to fix this. The maven.xml linked below contains some things that may be useful for the aggregation approach - collecting dependencies and javadoc links from the subprojects.

http://people.apache.org/~psteitz/apidocs/maven.xml

Definitely easier than listing each one out etc :) I understand the lack of enthusiasm to fixing the sort though.

I spent a couple of hours this evening playing with multidoc-jnr again:

http://dist.osjava.org/releases/multidoc-jnr/index.html

Latest version shows when you go into a project, and clirr is used to generate diff reports between versions. Clirr wants to use the classpath (uses BCEL underneath) so there are some exceptions in some of the reports where the API contains code from a different library.

Given that unzip and javap can be used on the command line to do much the same thing, I'm 50/50 currently on whether to just try and create a better version of an old javadiff alias.

Hen