Well, there's not many people on it. I'd solicit their opinion. Do they actually get business from this page? If not, then definitely kill it.

If such people do get business from this page, I'm less certain. Specifically, if the vendors are Jakarta committers, and they find the pages useful, we should consider keeping it. People donate lots of time to Jakarta and open source. It seems a good cause to help them bring in more consulting work, and low harm to Jakarta for sponsoring a page on such a very non-commercial site.

WILL

----- Original Message ----- From: "Davanum Srinivas" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Jakarta General List" <general@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2006 6:37 PM
Subject: Re: [site] Kill the vendor support page

+1 to kill it.

On 2/7/06, Henri Yandell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

As per the previous email, I'd like to raise the question of killing the
vendor support page. With Tomcat moving to TLP, there's even less Jakarta
support here than before. Mainly it's Ant, Struts, Log4j, Tomcat and HTTP
Server.

Alternatively, we could attempt to make it a Java support page for Apache
products, or even talk to someone - probably the board, maybe prc - about
having an Apache version of this. However, I think that doing it ourselves
is probably outside our scope and I suspect there won't be a huge amount
of interest Apache-wide to having such a database of vendors.

Any thoughts?

Hen