I do object to the "everyone must build with maven 2" policy. :-)

        Best regards
                Henning

Stephen Colebourne schrieb:
Daniel F. Savarese wrote:
In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Ortwin_Gl=FCck?= writes:

JDK version: what a mess. IMHO this is THE information that is missing
on almost ANY project page out there.

I think everyone's responses have brought this topic to closure.
Library dependencies are already available from most subprojects, but
JDK requirements aren't obvious.  Conclusion: let's try to make the JDK
requirements for our projects more obvious for Jakarta users.

Perhaps, this could be achieved by enhancing maven to allow the minimum JDK level to be specified in the POM, and thus on the dependencies page?

Stephen