I have a thought that may not be an immediate solution.

Isn't the correctness of a release from a build point of view a testable condition? Shouldn't this be built in to the build system.

The apache servers would not allow an "invalid" package. They define the pattern. Isn't this GUMP? Not knowing details but seeing emails.

Otherwise you are cloaking a software challenge within adminstratium (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Administratium)

(Sorry, if I'm a little incoherent, I'm finishing an ironman front to back website release for work with last minute untested boss changes and bug fixes in the fortran - model went from 1 to 5 modes .... )

Regards,
Dave Fisher