Hi Jonathan,

You are right, the way it works right now is not really feasible for your
request.
Though, the way it is designed there is a separation between
the actual "server" implementation and the HttpService.
I haven't completely thought through this, but it might be possible to
bridge to the underlying server and us it as a alternative
Server implementation like Jetty and Tomcat right now.

Feel free to experiment with it, contributions are always welcome :-)

regards, Achim

2012/12/12 Johnathan Gilday <m...@johnathangilday.com>

> Trying to reach the Pax Web community about an integration I've been
> looking into.
>
> I have been trying to determine the feasibility of creating a servlet
> bridge for Pax Web inspired by the servlet bridges the Equinox and Felix
> projects have made for their implementations of the OSGi HTTP Service
> implementations. From what I understand, Pax Web is not designed to be
> embedded in an outer servlet container like Tomcat; rather, Pax Web embeds
> and controls the lifecycle of a servlet container like Jetty, and more
> recently, Tomcat.
>
> Am I right in thinking this integration is not feasible?
>
> Johnathan Gilday

Project Lead
OPS4J Pax for Vaadin <http://team.ops4j.org/wiki/display/PAXVAADIN/Home>
Commiter & Project Lead