Hi,

Yes, Solr can search all the content you mention, but to do so you'll have to extract the content and push it into Solr. This is done using 'connectors' and there are various open source and commercial alternatives: too many to list here but I'd take a look at Apache ManifoldCF as a starting point. Solr itself doesn't come with any of these built in.

Solr doesn't cost anything to download - it's freely available under an open source license. However there are certainly other costs to consider: if you don't have the skills in-house you'll need to train your team or hire someone (which might be hard as those with these skills are rare and well-paid) or engage a consultancy (disclaimer: I work for OpenSource Connections which is one of these consultancies). As to operation, you'll need to host it somewhere but that's the only cost you'll have apart from the people who'll run it.

As it seems you're at the start of your journey I can recommend you a few resources: - the free Search Insights reports (2018, 2019, 2020) linked from https://opensourceconnections.com/blog/2020/02/27/search-insights-2020-a-new-report-from-the-search-network/ have a wealth of information on planning and running search projects including directories
- https://manifoldcf.apache.org/

Cheers

Charlie