Author: Alexander Barkov
Email:
Message:
> Hi there...
>
> I'm looking to build a search solution for a site I'm working on.
>
> The site has a web directory aspect which looks like "province/city/service"
> or similar.
>
> Is there any limitations on how many tags you can use and/or lengths?
>
> I'd like to use the above example as the actual tag within Mnogosearch and
> then using a variable within search.htm have it output the category and a
> link.  The link I'd like to use http://www.domain.com/directory/%tag% for
> example - is this possible?
>
> Basically the user does a search for "xyz" and all the Mnogosearch grouped
> results show up and with each result there will be a link to the directory
> category it belongs to (using tags feature).

Tag value is not limited.
But, grouping results by tag value is not possible.
Grouping can only be done by site.

One of the ideas to achieve this would be
to use a set of ReverseAlias and Alias commands
to rewrite URLs

from:

http://www.domain.com/directory/tag/page.html

to something like this:

http://www.domain.com-directory-tag/page.html

Then grouping will be possible by
the original site name plus directory name + tag name.

Then, at search time, you'll need to rewrite URLs back
to their original form.

Reply: <http://www.mnogosearch.org/board/message.php?id=21537>