On 15/03/2008, Bruce Robertson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  > I notice that both of your examples are from me. Does the problem
>  > still occur with this message?
>  >
>  > In this message, I removed the UTF-8 text from my signature. Your mail
>  > client may not be UTF-8 compliant. Which mailer are you using? What
>  > are your locale settings?
>  >
>  > Dotan Cohen
>

> 1. Your latest message came through with no problem.

Strengthens my hypothesis about the UTF-8 characters.

>  2. I'm using Entourage v.X., US. I do not experience this on other lists and
>  I'm on many lists and get lots of email.

Are you on the compiz, debian, debian-laptop, digikam, fedora-users,
gimp, jabber, kde, kde-pim, kde-accessibility, kubuntu, maxima,
mplayer, mysql, open-office, open-sunc, php-general, python,
puthon-qt, spf, ubuntu-users, vlc, or wine lists by any chance? If so,
could you search for my messages there and report how they display?

On the Ubuntu list one user had reported that my mail was delivered to
him base64 encoded and his mailer had problems with it. The problem
was with his mail delivery software. Is the source of my mail base64
in your mailer?

>  3. There is a small number of posts displaying this problem but you're not
>  the only one. Checkng back I see a few other such as Ryan Lee, "re:
>  Extending Longwell" 3/13, kipu Re: Tile View, How to turn "XXX Elements"
>  off? 3/11 and David Huynh, Re: Tile View, How to turn "XXX Elements" off?,
>  3/11.

Are those mails base64? Do they contain characters outside the UTF-8
range? Forward me a few of them to "bfr-test fat dotancohen spot kom"
(I think that you will be able to figure out what address I mean) and
I'll look through them.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il