On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 11:46 AM, Vincent Hennebert <vhenneb...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On 25/04/12 17:03, Glenn Adams wrote:
> > how does this differ from the current checkstyle-5.5.xml rules that are
> the
> > current default in fop?
>
> The following rules have been removed:
> • prohibiting the usage of @author but we can add it back

i'm fine with keeping this in, since I already removed all existing usage
of @author (in FOP files)

> • CSOFF and CSOK

i do not accept removing these unless you are willing to remove all rules
that trigger a warning/error in the absence of these pragmas

> • Double (No idea what it is about. It doesn’t appear in the list of
>  available checks for Checkstyle 5.5.)

the full name is DoubleCheckedLocking, which is documented at

http://checkstyle.sourceforge.net/config_coding.html#DoubleCheckedLocking

> • FileContentsHolder (same)

this is needed for CSOFF/CSOK to work

> • InnerAssignments

i don't mind removing this, particularly since I use inner assignments
(with CSOFF/CSOK as needed)

> • EqualsHashCode

i think this should stay, since it is part of the object contract, and
exceptions (via CSOFF/CSOK) need to be explicitly documented

> The following rules have been modified:
> • AvoidStarImport: severity changed from error to warning

ok

> • ConstantName: removed log exception

could you elaborate?

> • WhitespaceAfter: added typecast to follow Sun’s conventions

i don't accept this, particularly since it is widely used in FOP code (and
I always use whitespace after typecast)

i also don't accept changing LineLength back to 110; i believe someone
proposed 130, which I can accept as long as i can disable entirely using
CSOFF; i would prefer *no* limit