On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 3:43 AM, Chris Bowditch
<bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com>wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I agree with Glenn's concerns. However as Pascal pointed out we were
> forced by the Apache board to move to their new website infrastructure.
> Clay researched that and came up with the current solution which works well
> for the website, but means the releases don't include documentation.
>
> In my mind that is a shame, but I don't know what the solution is. Someone
> would need to develop a way to copy the documentation for the project being
> built from the new location in SVN into the release artifacts at build
> time. I suggest we log a Jira for that so this isn't forgotten.

I've created two new JIRA tasks for this (for at least handling the FOP
part... the same should apply to Batik and XGC). Previously, doc sources
lived in separate per-project repos and were copied by the publish.xml
process into the deployment repository. In the new arrangement, the CMS
repository is being used both as a source and deployment repo, which I
believe is undesirable. We need to move the markdown sources back into the
per-project repos and then invoke a new publish process that deploys them
to the deployment repository in a manner similar to the former pre-CMS
process.

I've assigned the new JIRA tasks to Clay.