On jeudi 23 août 2007, Mauro Fini wrote:

Hi Mauro,

> I began to use GENJ since few days.

OK

> I plan to ask relatives of my wife (7 families) to insert their data in
> my .ged file using GENJ.
>
> How could it be managed?
>
> I think that a way exists. I'm a beginner and probably it's easy, but I
> don't know how to.

It depends Mauro. Some people (and I'm among them), prefer people to give 
them the info, and they enter their data by themselves. I guess that's the 
most secure way to be sure everything is ok

> I see that every time I add a new entity (person or family) a counter is
> incremented and assigned to that entity.

Yeap, for each newly added entity an ID is given.
That's mandatory.

> I evaluated only to possibilities:
>
> *     Ask every family to assign to entities fixed numbers starting from a
> given one. There is an option that instructs genj about the first number
> to use?

No, the ID must be given by GenJ, not your relatives

> *     Share the file and let just one family to upgrade it for a fixed
> period of time.

You can do, or do what I said above.
You can ask them to use genj and create their own gedcom file.
Once done, you gather all those gedcom files, and you merge them using the 
tool created by Frederic. You got it already among your reports if you 
downloaded everything yesterday.

> I suppose that there is a better one.

My favorites could be : 1 - enter the data by myself :-) 2 - ask them to 
create a gedcom of their own and use the merge report.

Maybe others will have different ways to manage that.

> I understand written French. So feel free to reply in French.

I can write both, but if we want more people to understand you we can go 
french.

Alors partons vers le français. ;-) pour l'avenir, mais si tu as des 
difficultés à comprendre, n'hésite pas à le dire pour qu'on repasse de 
temps en temps vers l'anglais.
Francois

---------------------------------------------------------------------
<*> Pour vous désincrire de cette liste, envoyez un mail à :
              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<*> Pour obtenir de l'aide sur les commandes de la liste :
              [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Répondre à