On Saturday 26 March 2005 14:47, Mark Constable wrote:
> Is anyone else successfully using a udev-only system on amd64 or
> is this a general/amd64 wide issue (and not just for me) ?

Seeing as how udev implies udev-only (udev and devfs are mututally exclusive),
I suspect many people have udev-only setups...
The first time I tried moving to udev, it was nothing but headaches, so I
switched back quite quickly. A few weeks ago, when I tried again, it seemed
to work, so I'm now using a udev system... However, CD/DVD burning is an
issue for me: One drive will burn only if cdrecord is *not* setuid root, the
other will not burn at all.

I do not use an initrd, so there's one major difference between your system
and mine. Have you tried rebuilding the initrd lately?
--
Luke-Jr
Developer, Utopios