Well, it could well be a 'harmless' bug of misrepresentation of USE flags by
emerge (say multilib is defined so deep inside the profile, that higher level
tools don't see it, whatever this idea means).

But the suggestion to irreversibly recompile gcc seemingly disabling multilib
is certainly scaring :)

> Hmmm, my profile says (-multilib) too, yet I am dead certain that the 32bit
libs were compiled and placed in the right folders.

> On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 12:27:11 +0200
> Pascal BERTIN <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I upgraded from 2004.3 to 2005.0 using the Makefile method,
> > everything went OK,
> >
> > but after all this, an emerge --newuse -puDv world
> > wants to remerge gcc with following USE flag : (-multilib)*
> >
> > so, as 2005.0 is said to have multilib enabled by default, why would
> > portage re-merge gcc without multilib ?
> >

> > --

Dmitri Pogosyan            Department of Physics
Associate Professor        University of Alberta
tel 1-780-492-2150         412 Avadh Bhatia Physics Labs
fax 1-780-492-0714         Edmonton, AB, T6G 2J1, CANADA