Hi. I'm new to the list, although not new to gentoo. I am new to amd64 (3
weeks). I don't really have any questions yet; I actually want to join this
list to help, as well as learn because I am new to 64 bit.
I do have some comments though: I have had a hard time joining this list
because of the off-topic siliness and nonsense. I think there are very
intelligent people here (including me) that don't need to waste their time on
questions that are irrellevant, silly, way off-topic, and frankly, BELOW US.

I learned about off-topicness in gentoo-user, when I was off topic, discovered
I was a prick, and apologised because I can be a total prick when I think I'm
right (which, of course, is always the case).

Anyways, hello,
cheers,
and...
let's go somewhere with this.