Hello,

I am using 2 machines ( gentoo amd64 ) to compile my gentoo packages. I use
distcc+ssh. The combination works for several packages but not on packages
that want to compile libraries. Every package which tries to compile a library
fails with this error

distcc[5830] (dcc_increment_safeguard) setting safeguard: _DISTCC_SAFEGUARD=1

distcc[5829] (dcc_spawn_child) child started as pid5830

/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.3.3/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld:
.libs/magic.o: relocation R_X86_64_32 against `a local symbol' can not be used
when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC

.libs/magic.o: could not read symbols: Bad value

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I am not sure what is going on...

Here [1] and here [2] you can find the emerge --info for each machine

Any ideas ? :\

[1] http://dev.gentoo.org/~hwoarang/files/emerge.info
[2] http://dev.gentoo.org/~hwoarang/files/emerge.remote.info
--
Markos Chandras (hwoarang)
Gentoo Linux Developer [KDE/Qt/Sunrise/Sound]