Daiajo Tibdixious wrote:
On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 10:29 PM, Bob Sanders <rsand...@sgi.com> wrote:
Daiajo Tibdixious, mused, then expounded:
On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 2:53 PM, Bob Sanders <rsand...@sgi.com> wrote:
Daiajo Tibdixious, mused, then expounded:
I thought of that, its in make.conf & emerge --info.
To be sure I rebuild sun-jdk & firefox.
sun-jdk has the nsplugin use flag set & firefox has the java use flag set.
Still no plugins, grrr.
Did you re-emerge nsplugin after you rebuilt the jdk and firefox?

Bob
kde-base/nsplugins?
Thats not installed. Explains why Konqueror didn't see the plugin.

Sorry.  That's: www-plugins/nspluginwrapper

bob

I did not have that installed, so I installed it. It supposed to make
32bit plugins work in 64bit browsers, however nsplugin-wrapper --list
does not show any,
despite emul-linux-x86-java being installed.

On another note, I installed firefox-bin again, however it is using
the 64bit plugin,
not the 32bit plugin, which has me confused.

Why do you need the 32-bit plugin if a 64-bit one is now available? Right now, nspluginwrapper is only useful for the Adobe Acrobat Reader plugin which is the only one that doesn't have a 64-bit version. Both Java and Flash now offer 64-bit plugins and hence the wrapper is not needed.