On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 4:10 PM, Duncan <1i5t5.dun...@cox.net> wrote:
> Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gen...@gmail.com> posted
> 58965d8a0905131352v6cece43ap22447193975cf...@mail.gmail.com, excerpted
> below, on  Wed, 13 May 2009 15:52:16 -0500:
>
>> On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 3:32 PM, Sebastian Redl
>> <sebastian.r...@getdesigned.at> wrote:

>>> http://www.apple.com/trailers/disney/princessandthefrog/hd/
>>>
>>> This page has trailers for Disney's new movie, but they're reference
>>> MOVs. I can't find a way to play them short of trying to install
>>> QuickTime.
>>>
>>> Sebastian
>>
>> Mplayer played it just fine for me. 1080p version.
>
> kaffeine played it fine, via xine-lib (which may be using ffmpeg, I'm not
> sure if it does for this codec or not), as well.  I don't believe I've
> any binary-only codecs, either.
>
> So both xine-lib and mplayer can play it, along with anything that uses
> them as a backend, which is pretty much anything video, on Linux.  You
> may have to play with USE flags a bit tho.

These are my mplayer version and USE flags:

media-video/mplayer-1.0_rc2_p20090322  USE="X a52 aac aalib alsa amrnb
amrwb ass cddb cdio cdparanoia dirac directfb dts dv dvb dvd dvdnav
enca encode faac faad fbcon ftp gif iconv ipv6 jack joystick jpeg
libcaca live lzo mad mmx mmxext mng mp2 mp3 musepack nemesi network
openal opengl png pnm quicktime rar real rtc samba schroedinger sdl
speex sse sse2 ssse3 tga theora tremor truetype unicode v4l v4l2
vorbis x264 xanim xscreensaver xv xvid xvmc -3dnow -3dnowext
(-altivec) -arts -bidi -bindist -bl -cpudetection -custom-cflags
-custom-cpuopts -debug -dga -doc -dxr3 -esd -ggi -gtk -ladspa -lirc
-md5sum -nas -oss -pulseaudio -pvr -radio (-svga) -teletext -vdpau
(-vidix) (-win32codecs) -xinerama -zoran"