Jan KundrÃt wrote:
> Stephen P. Becker wrote:
>
> > Removing old profiles will do nothing other than forcing them to set a
> > new profile.  Changing the profile won't stop people from doing security
> > only updates.
>
> Okay, as long as "changing the profile" won't affect people *much* (I
> mean if it doesn't break their boxes), it is perfectly correct.
>
> I asked just to make sure that broken /etc/make.profile won't completely
> screw up Portage or so :-).

Actually... things are more likely to break if you leave the system
as-is.  The toolchain and libs will be getting quite old, and while the
updated packages should be backward compatable, they may not be.

Anyway, wouldn't security updates include the core system, rather than
just things like Apache?

| Stuart Longland -oOo- http://stuartl.longlandclan.hopto.org |
| Atomic Linux Project     -oOo-    http://atomicl.berlios.de |
| I haven't lost my mind - it's backed up on a tape somewhere |