On Wednesday 04 May 2005 10:08 am, Omkhar Arasaratnam wrote:
> What do we mean by "support". Please bear in mind IBM DOES NOT support
> Debian in this fashion AFAIK. IBM may assist with development to some
> small extent but if a customer calls in and ask for support - they're
> up a creek.

My interpretation of "support" was that if a customer of IBM installed Gentoo,
they would still have support for strictly hardware related issues
(motherboard; memory; processor; etc.). I know from frightful experience that
some hardware mass-vendors will not provide hardware support if you are not
running the OS that they installed for you at the factory. Is this a fair
assumption of the IBM possibility?

--

Michael Cummings   |    #gentoo-dev, #gentoo-perl