Hi,

I've tried to dig through our policy documents, to find the policy
regarding RESTRICT=mirror/fetch. I don't find anything in the htdocs
tree from CVS, beyond a few brief mentions in the handbook.

RESTRICT=[no]fetch
------------------
Should be used if the license prohibits unattended/automated download
(eg click-through licenses), or the upstream author wants all downloads
to be manually done from their site (I know of at least one package
where this is true).

RESTRICT=[no]mirror
-------------------
- Files too large for the mirrors? (What is the size limit?)
- License issues?
- anything else?

Unless there is something I've missed, why do we have ebuilds with
RESTRICT=nomirror, having a GPL-2 license, and distributed via
sourceforge? Wouldn't RESTRICT=primaryuri be much better? Most fetches
would go to SF first, and we'd still have a copy available on our
mirrors.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
E-Mail     : [EMAIL PROTECTED]