Hi,
ok another problem for Gentoo/FreeBSD project :P
Currently there are a few places where, to fix permissions of files, the
ebuilds does a chown -R root:root ${D} or something similar.
Unfortunately such a command is invalid on G/FBSD because there's no root
group, instead wheel group has GID=0.

So I was wondering for a solution for this problem: we have a $USERLAND
variable which can be used to select the way the chown must be done, if chown
root:root or chown root:wheel; I think both BSD and Darwin userland prefers
root:wheel above root:root, so maybe adding a function in eutils which fixes
the permissions based on the current $USERLAND value is enough...

Comments?

--
Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò
Gentoo Developer (Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, Gentoo/AMD64)

http://dev.gentoo.org/~flameeyes/