On Sun, 22 May 2005 10:49:39 +0200 "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
| So I was wondering for a solution for this problem: we have a
| $USERLAND  variable which can be used to select the way the chown must
| be done, if chown  root:root or chown root:wheel; I think both BSD and
| Darwin userland prefers  root:wheel above root:root, so maybe adding a
| function in eutils which fixes  the permissions based on the current
| $USERLAND value is enough...

get_root_group() {
    if use userland_bsd ; then
        echo "wheel"
    else
        echo "root"
    fi
}

maybe?

The other option is to do a sneaky chown wrapper that automatically
detects that kind of thing. I'm against that on general principle
because it'll break too often.

I'll unofficial-document whatever's decided upon, anyway.

--
Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Shell tools, Fluxbox, Cron)
Mail            : ciaranm at gentoo.org
Web             : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm