On Tue, 2005-06-07 at 00:47 +0200, Lars Weiler wrote:
> * Aron Griffis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [05/06/06 18:26 -0400]:
> >     alpha
> >     -----------------------------
> >     - looks nicer (subjective)
> >     - easier to tell at a glance if a given keyword is in the list
>
> I'm for this. You can easily compare two ebuilds' KEYWORDS,
> when you have the same order.

I assume you mean comparison between versions, what happens a lot when
doing ebuild updates. In that case order doesn't matter as long as it
stays consistent. What happens right now is that order is far from
consistent with some developers applying their own devised alpha
ordering whenever they touch a package. So the problem is not so much
what ordering is preferable, but that people change order without
discussing it.

> maintainer's arch should be stored in the metadata, if there
> is a need for.

Maintainer's arch could be ebuild/slot specific. I'm not yet convinced
metadata is the right place.

- foser