On 6/28/05, Fernando J. Pereda <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > In that regard, you do not get to take care of your own things anymore.
> >
> > We will still recruit new mods/admins and take care of them. We will still
> > moderate and administering the board and the software. We will still vote
> > on new policies and guidelines. I fail to see what you mean by saying that.
>
> Nope; if you become staff then devrel/recruiters will be involved. You
> are no exception to the rule.

Incorrect. As devrel already stated, this won't change ever. We will
be always the ones to do this.

> > > Every developer and staff has taken the quiz [...]
> >
> > Sorry, but thats not correct (at least to my knowledge). - Back in the good
> > ol' days most of the developers knew each other and knew who was doing
> > what. Taking a quiz became mandatory back in 2003 iirc. Devs who were
> > already aboard did not need to take the quiz.
>
> Those people were already gentoo staff, you aren't right now, so it's
> not the same situation.

And some of us were already doing stuff for Gentoo much before the
quizes became mandatory, so it would be fair that all of us that were
mods/admins before that date would be treated *that* way.

--
Ioannis Aslanidis

<deathwing00[at]gentoo.org> 0xB9B11F4E
<deathwing00[at]forums.gentoo.org> 0xC2539DA3
<aioannis[at]tinet.org> 0xF202D067
<dwcommander[at]users.sourceforge.net>

Hellenic Gentoo GNU/Linux project manager (http://hellenicgentoo.sf.net)
FIRECOPS++ project manager (http://firecops.sf.net)
Digger Realoaded (http://digger-reloaded.sf.net)
Gentoo Forums Global Moderator (http://forums.gentoo.org)

Computer Engineering student at Universitat Rovira i Virgili