On 6/28/05, Fernando J. Pereda <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 28, 2005 at 11:53:17AM +0200, Ioannis Aslanidis wrote:
> > > Nope; if you become staff then devrel/recruiters will be involved. You
> > > are no exception to the rule.
> >
> > Incorrect. As devrel already stated, this won't change ever. We will
> > be always the ones to do this.
>
> I still don't see *WHY* you should be different from us. If you want to
> manage your recruits then they can't be gentoo staff.

One reason could be that we are _not_ going to be called developers but staff.

> Arch teams have developed a new 'figure', the arch tester. Not official
> gentoo staff but somehow involved with us; arch teams manage their own
> arch tester recruitment process. If that's the situation you want then
> they won't become gentoo staff.

Didn't I say that was already agreed with devrel?

> > And some of us were already doing stuff for Gentoo much before the
> > quizes became mandatory, so it would be fair that all of us that were
> > mods/admins before that date would be treated *that* way.
>
> Still, you weren't gentoo staff. Helping out since then doesn't make you
> any different from the recruitment point of view (IMHO).

Then the problem is we should have been done in that moment, so this
is one more reason in favor of taking old mods to staff with no quiz
stright away.

--
Ioannis Aslanidis

<deathwing00[at]gentoo.org> 0xB9B11F4E
<deathwing00[at]forums.gentoo.org> 0xC2539DA3
<aioannis[at]tinet.org> 0xF202D067
<dwcommander[at]users.sourceforge.net>

Hellenic Gentoo GNU/Linux project manager (http://hellenicgentoo.sf.net)
FIRECOPS++ project manager (http://firecops.sf.net)
Digger Realoaded (http://digger-reloaded.sf.net)
Gentoo Forums Global Moderator (http://forums.gentoo.org)

Computer Engineering student at Universitat Rovira i Virgili