Peter Johanson wrote:

>I know this is intended to be tongue in cheek,

Good.

> but I have a dev in the
>dotnet herd who's really pretty upset right now as a result of such
>apparently scathing comments accusing him of being an evil conspirator,
>a wrecker, and traitor, when it wasn't even *him* who introduced the
>keywords in question, he did a by the book bump moving arch -> ~arch for
>all arches listed in keywords.

Book in question sort of presumes that ones who change keywords
*personally* tested that package in question works. You set keyword,
you sign the life of your first-born that it will work. Or at least that's
the way it should be.

>I understand that this is a consistent problem, and that we constantly
>have to deal with breakages like this, but please don't send emails
>like this with so many accusations without at least talking to the herd
>lead, or viewing CVS history first.

This *is* a consistent problem. But it shouldn't be. QA. Should. Be. Done.

>I like dealing with the mess of pissed off and enflamed developers as
>much as the arch teams like dealing with bad QA, so next time, please
>use at least a *little* subtlty before blowing things up.

Grow up people, I didn't even say names. To say more - I'm far more upset
about person who introduced keywords.

>Anyway, I'm glad all the arch teams, who are the one's that never screw
>up and save us all, are fixing things.

Yeap. What would you do without us. At least I get yelled at only once for
technical mistakes I make.

></sarcasm>

Oh, since we have to indicate jokes/sarcasm now:

LOPATA.