On Sun, 2005-08-14 at 09:52 -0500, Paul Varner wrote:
> > Please don't. FreeBSD's ldconfig is *not* the same and this would mean
> > breaking (again) revdep-rebuild on Gentoo/FreeBSD.
> >
>  Some of those solutions are definitely not portable.

Well all we really need is the same utility to work across platforms,
different platforms could have different implementations for certain
functions. This has to be so if we are every going to have reasonable
performance.

But FreeBSD must have an equivalent function for it's dynamic linker to
"ldconfig -p", if not some code could be written up to do it.

fuzzyray:
Want me to do anything useful in particular?

Had a quick look at Bug 63643. From what I can see that is a different
problem then what revdep-rebuild solves (missing shared libraries), as
you said. I think it can be best described as changing API between minor
revisions of libraries. Will think a bit more.

Stefan

--
Stefan Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>