On Thu, 2005-08-25 at 13:41 +0200, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
> On Wednesday 24 August 2005 15:23, Martin Schlemmer wrote:
> >
> > Same thing (and probably better option) if you put it in pkg_setup()
>
> Isn't pkg_setup run too when just building a binary package (-B) (then the
> check shouldn't be performed), and just before installing a binary
> package?

True, but usually you build whatever on a machine that have capabilities
to run it (not talking about cross-compiling).  And besides, I think its
bad style to build something, and then bail after its done about
something that could have been tested at setup time (think glibc testing
tls/nptl capabilities only during pkg_preinst ...).

--
Martin Schlemmer